Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Noise in the Library
We encourage group work and other conversation in the library, so there are no noise regulations in most areas. However, some people do want a quiet place to work, so please keep it down on the designated floors.
- Floors 3, 4, and 5: No noise regulations, good for group work and conversation
- Floors 1 and 2: Quiet floors, good for individual or quiet group study
- Small study rooms (5th floor, outside Watts Room): Desk, chair, whiteboard.
- Reference area (4th floor, behind reference shelves): Small tables, chairs.
- Study carrels (1st - 3rd floors, under windows): Small individual desks. Use as available or reserve one for a semester.
- Randolph Thrive Room (5th floor, upstairs from North Wing): TV, couches, armchairs. Not wheelchair accessible.
- Group study area (5th floor, upstairs from South Wing): Chairs, tables, whiteboards. Not wheelchair accessible.
- North Wing (4th floor): Large tables, chairs, group work computer.
- South Wing (4th floor): Large tables, chairs, couches, armchairs.
- Reference area (4th floor): couches, armchairs, tables, computers, printer, scanners.
- Room 325 (3rd floor, by library offices): Modular tables, chairs. Can hold up to 12 people. Use as available or reserve for up to three hours.
- 3rd floor: Couches, chairs, tables, computers, printer.
- Video/Study Rooms #2 and #3 (3rd floor, near elevator): TV, chairs, tables. Can hold up to 3 people.
- Video/Study Room #4 (3rd floor, by vending machine): TV, computer, tables, chairs, couch, whiteboard. Can hold up to 8 people. Use as available or reserve for up to three hours.
- Children's Literature area (2nd floor): Tables, chairs, couches. Note that this is a quiet floor; group work is fine as long as it doesn't get too loud.
- Need a study break? Get a cup of tea or a snack from the Tea Closet (4th floor, Circulation Office) and go to the Relaxation Room (4th floor, South Wing) for games, jigsaw puzzles, and coloring. Also check out the Randolph Thrive space (5th floor, use the North Wing Stairwell)
- For research assistance, go to the Research Help Desk (4th floor), ask at the Circulation Desk, or email the Research & Instruction Librarian.
- For help with computers, printers, or wireless, contact IT.
- Food and drink are welcome as long as you clean up after yourself.
- If you have any questions, please ask at the Circulation Desk (4th floor, by main entrance).