Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Items from the Charlotte Cushman collection were donated to the Lipscomb Library by John E. and Diana Herzog, R-MWC Board of Trustees and contain:
- approximately 700-800 books, mostly plays and biographies of actors and actresses
- scrapbooks of historic productions
- theatre programs from Parsons Theatre, Hartford, Connecticut
- theatre Records
- Charlotte Cushman's desk - The desk was probably made in Italy in the early 1860's. It is a Pedestal style desk from the Italian Revival period and is built of Italian walnut and pine. The upper base supports are putti in the form of reclining caryatids. The lower base has hand-carved moldings and panels. Miss Cushman's desk was restored in 1977 by Mr. Thomas Robinson of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- photographs and images from the nineteenth and early-twentieth century American theatre
Group Study Room 325
Books and images from the Charlotte Cushman Collection can be found on the 3rd floor of the library in Group Study Room 325
Materials in Lipscomb Library's special collections cannot be checked out, but members of the Randolph community and visitors to campus can access them by appointment. To schedule a visit or consultation, contact the library.